I have been trying to find time to put together some Sweet Valentines Day Card ideas that are a little less pink and red.
We have gotten requests for preschool valentines, boy valentines and valentines that are in other color schemes than just pink and red.
I just LOVE fruit, so I knew I had to do a fruit themed set (with chevron, of course!).
If you ask my husband, he would tell you that I have been obsessing over cute candy-gram ideas for Valentines this year. (I have a whole Google spreadsheet of wording ideas – but only so much time!)
So, for the love of fruit, I took a stroll down the aisles of the Dollar Store in my town and decided I wanted to dissect the box of Runts and design a new printable cute bag topper valentine!
I thought this would be perfect for:
– Classmates (in any age group from 1 to 91 ha!) – You could even fill with gummy fruit treats for the little kids if you didn’t want to do Runts.
– Birthday Parties! (Who said it has to be for Valentine’s Day!?)
Here is the “HOW TO”:
– Runts (I bought 4 boxes to nicely fill 20 bags) – $1 each at Dollar Tree
– Cellophane Bags (4 inch wide or less) – Michaels or Nashville Wraps (we LOVE Nashville Wraps!)
– Double stick tape or stapler (to close the bags)
– Printable Sweet Bunch Valentine’s Set – Available for $7.50 (instant download!) here in our shop
I have my little helper, Jeffrey, assist me in the sorting process. If you are doing this in “real life”, I’d suggest using sterile gloves when sorting. (Who needs germy runts?!)
I would say that each box could fill 5 bags pretty full so you could get all of your Valentine Candy for around $4 or $5 (if you have a typical class of 20 or so). You’ll have enough of each flavor to fill a bag (and maybe some leftover to sample!)
You”ll print out your “Chevron Fruit Valentines Day Folding Toppers” onto cardstock or photo paper and trim along the edges. Fold in half. Adhere over the folded cellophane bag filled with the goodies. Simple!
The backsides have a place to write “to” and “from”! Even better – get your kids to practice their penmanship.
Find the 5 designs in our Chevron Fruit Valentine’s Day Set here for only $7.50!