BOO! It’s Wednesday, weekly RUFF DRAFT time!
We are sharing our Haunted Halloween collection this week (Printable graphic collection now available in the shop!)
Lucky you – the collection is on Sale! We are offering both of our complete printable Halloween Collections for only $9 each in our shop through the end of September the 11th.
We have had several inquiries/comments about the vintage book displays shown from this collection and we thought this would be a great DIY project for this week.
First I want to show you how we made these inverted book stands. They are inspired from an Anthropologie window display, several years ago (oh, how I love Anthropologie)!!!!
We used several book sizes on our dessert table – any size book works!
This is such a great way to utilize those old books you don’t read anymore… or if you don’t have any spares, pick up some from used book stores, in the $1-$3 sections.
What you need:
a soft-bound book (spines are more pliable for this concept… keep your hard-back books for later)
1. Remove outer layer book cover
Stacked Hard-Bound Books:
1. First remove outer book cover – this is a little harder to do, depending on how worn the spine is. (we used three books to create height for our display)
2. Once cover is removed, measure front page (of the book that will rest on top of the book stack)
3. Print/cut Magic Potions page from our Haunted Halloween Printable Collection, found in (the shop)
(We just print on copy paper)
4. Cut to size
5. Tape or lay on top of book page
6. Last, but not least – tie a piece of twine to stabilize stacked books
7. Add some antique cameras and doorknobs, and your Haunted Scene is on its way!
Use stacked books for other fall scenes:
We are offering our Complete Printable Haunted Halloween Design Collection on sale in the shop on sale for only $9! (33 pages of FAB-Boo-lous printables perfect for your own Halloween party, classroom treats or home decor!) That is 55% off our regular price!
Was this post helpful? Leave us a comment or share with others!