3. Use your wrapping paper to cover all sides
4. Once completed, tape a ribbon border along all sides
5. Stick each lollipop into the styrofoam base
6. Candy canes can be used in this (you will need to poke holes a little bigger)
7. Get creative – use wooden skewers to make candy kabobs with soft taffies or soft chocolates (chocolates are shown in the small blue/silver wrappers)
8. Place loose candies in colorful wrappers at the bottom or use fun meringues along base as well.
9. To finish your candy forest display – print out the various party logos, “candy forest” pennants, and gumdrop toppers.
10. Use the printables to add the final touches on the lollipops, and wooden skewers.
We used the Styrofoam bases to create lollipop displays for the candy buffet table and the cookie table.
Another easy detail we used for the party was a candy garland that we hung from the chandelier.
Brynne and Grayce made this for us, while Maureen and I were setting up… it gave the girls something to do while we were busy working. 🙂
We used fruit cheerios for this… Grayce removed all the purple ones for Brynne, while Brynne strung them.
As you can see, Brynne made a cute pattern – 3 of each color in a row, (using pink, yellow, green, and orange cheerios)
Once the garland was made, we taped it to the chandelier, and then taped on upside-down lollipops.
This was so cute, and so simple to do – and the girls LOVED helping!
(What a fun garland for a kids Christmas Tree as well!)
One other quick detail we wanted to share with you is how we created the oversized candies on the backdrops.
For the white candies, we took two small paper plates, taped them together and wrapped with clear cello paper from Nashville Wraps.
This party was so much fun to create… the colors were bright and cheery…. the kids were so involved, each step of the way.
Wouldn’t this be a great birthday party for kids that have December or January birthdays??? – you could have them build gingerbread houses (get them on clearance if your child’s birthday is after Christmas).
This party is great for any time of the year, but I think it could be especially fun for those who have birthdays near Christmas time.
Want a candyland inspired party? Find the invite here, and matching collection will be coming soon!
Was this post helpful? We LOVE feedback… leave us a comment or share with others. Did you want to know anything else about this fabulous party? Ask us… we may use your question for another Ruff Draft!