We hope you have heard by now our SUPER NEWS about our partnership with Universal Studios, Mattel and Walmart for the promotion of Barbie in Princess Power DVD and Blu-Ray (which you can buy now at Walmart)! For the full party write-up, click here to see Super Sparkle and all her friends! We are having so much fun revealing this project with you and today we want to go behind the scenes and show you some tips and tricks we used to create our building backdrop you see on our dessert table. You won’t believe how SUPER easy these buildings are to create and we have a video tutorial to show you all the details.
– Recycled boxes from local home improvement store (we like curtain rod boxes, or anything building shaped)
– Solid color wrapping paper (We love wrapping paper from Nashville Wraps)
– Tape & Glue
– Black card stock
– Black electrical tape
– Square craft punches – 2 sizes (We used 1″ and 1.5″)
Step 1: Wrap empty recycled boxes with different bright colors
Step 2: Punch out several squares in different sizes – some solid, some open to create “windows”
Step 3: Glue or tape “windows” on each box in rows
Step 4: We also used strips of electrical tape to create long windows (we placed them horizontal and vertical along the boxes for different looks)
Step 5: Mix and match heights, colors and windows to create variety in your building backdrop. Stack and layer in front of each other to created a city look.
*Note: We printed a yellow and white half-tone polka dot background on poster paper and lined the wall behind the buildings to add interest. We also hung Super Sparkle Barbie from clear string to create a flying effect.
Head on out today to your local Walmart to pick up the Barbie in Princess Power DVD or Blu-Ray and you can download the entire set of Anders Ruff free printables that you see featured in this party.
Stay tuned this week and next on andersruff.com for a full week of Barbie in Princess Power recipes, tutorials, crafts and more ideas!
Also, if you didn’t see our news segment on Charlotte local news, watch it here.
– Barbie in Princess Power movie and toys: Walmart
– Furniture: Ikea
– Tutu, tanks and butterfly clips: Strawberrie Rose
– Cake: Got What It Cakes
– Sugar Cookies: Sweet Sugar Belle
– Printing: Print My Picture Online
– Clear Containers, Tissue Paper, Pink Boxes, Shred, Wrapping Paper, Ribbon, Clear Bags:Nashville Wraps
– Candy: Miami Candies