Have you seen the latest Baby Shower Trend: Beer, Dudes & Diapers? We have been creating new invites for the shop based on the hottest parties, and guess what ladies – it’s time to focus on the men!
Today we want to show you how to make an inexpensive party favor or gift for your favorite guy! How perfect would these be for favors at a beer, dudes and diapers baby shower!? … and Father’s day is just a few weeks away as well! Everyone needs a coozie, so we came up with a DIY Coozie perfect for any many party or celebration.
You can find our new Beer, Dudes & Diapers Chalkboard design in the shop!
Plain coozies (we found ours at Hobby Lobby)
Dad & mustache stencil (you can create your own or use any pre-cut stencil letters/stencil mustache found at craft supply stores)
OR we sell a full set of Mustache silhouettes here for instant download in our shop! (Great for photo booths, too!)
2. Tape stencil to coozie (clear packaging tape works well)
3. Paint one light coat of chalkboard paint. (you can even just get the basic outline of the stencil).
DO NOT paint it on thick or multiple paint layers… I did that at first and it was an epic FAIL. Since the coozie isn’t flat, the paint bleeds easily.
4. Once the first layer dries, remove the stencil and HAND PAINT in a few more layers. Trust me when I tell you, this is much easier. You just want to make sure the chalkboard paint is solid black, so a few layers will do.
5. When the paint layers have dried, take chalk and cover the letters… blend it in. (This helps cure the paint).
6. Draw patterns in the letters and mustache for added details! You can use basic fabric paint or acrylic paint… but chalkboard paint gives a fun dimension.
7. Cut out printable or paper mustaches and tape to the beer bottles for added detail.
Set out as party favors, or give as a gift – all dads will love this hand-made DIY coozie.
Follow us on pinterest and you can see all our favorite ideas for the lastest Beer, Dudes & Diaper Baby Shower trends/parties.