We have had several questions about how we make crayon favors for our parties (Remember my son’s Lego inspired party here?). We are starting to offer customized printable coloring books in the shop, so making your own themed crayons for your parties seems like the perfect idea for an economical and cute favor!
Today, I will show you the simple steps it takes to recycle your old dingy broken crayons into brand new party favors!!
Clean soup cans – one can per color (pinch can inwards, so liquid will pour out easier)
Old crayons – sorted by color
Mold – we found the lego mold here and here
Clear bags to package
1. Heat a pan of boiling water
2. Put broken crayons (same/similar colors) into a can – they can even be dirty… once they melt, the dirtiness will blend away.
3. Melt crayons -it takes only a couple minutes…. (be careful that your can does not fall over into boiling water – you need to keep it upright. Can will not get hot, so you can hold onto it)
4. Pour melted crayons into molds
5. Let cool – you can put into freezer to cool quicker
Once liquid is solid, you can pop the crayons out of the mold – Put into a bag, and you have a party favor!
* I made pink lego people – who says they have to be boy colors 🙂
Put them in a bag, add a coloring book – so cute, and very inexpensive!!!
Interested in having a custom coloring book designed for your next party? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
Did you find this tutorial helpful? If so, leave us a comment and share with others!