It’s almost time for Trick or Treat night… and if any of you are like me, you are finalizing last minute costume details and Trick or Treat bags!
Today for the weekly Ruff Draft, we thought you would enjoy a free Iron-on printable to use for canvas Trick or Treat bags.
We designed the Iron-ons from our Haunted Halloween Printable Collection.
If you want the matching printable set, it’s not too late… get it now, while it’s on sale!
In any event, here’s how to use the free Iron-on printable, to create a great Trick or Treat bag.
1. Iron-on computer paper
2. Free Iron-on Printable Haunted Halloween reversed graphics. (Download here)
3. Canvas bag – black, white or natural (we used black)
4. If using black canvas bag, then you will need white fabric of your choice
5. Thread, needle, iron
6. Wide ribbon of your choice
This is so easy, and takes no time at all!
1. Print on 8.5” x 11” Iron-on Paper
2. Trim excess paper
3. If using white or natural canvas bag:
4. Iron onto canvas bag (follow Iron-on instructions from package)
***Skip to #5 – 7, if you ironed on directly to white/natural canvas bag
5. In this case: Iron onto white fabric
Peel backing off of Iron-On
6. Trim your fabric into circle shape – I frayed my edges to give it a worn look.
7. Place, pin and stitch fabric logo to black canvas bag – I used a simple zigzag stitch
8. Make large bow out of ribbon, sew to bag
(placement of your choice – we sewed right below one of the handles)
Just a simple way to create a fresh take on Trick 0r Treat bags… so much bigger than those orange plastic pumpkins, but still not a lot of $$
I hope you all have a safe and festive Halloween this year!!! Send us pics if you make a last minute Trick or Treat bag…. you can even iron onto t-shirts!
Can’t wait to see what you create! Don’t forget to share with your friends!