I’m so excited to finally share Brynne’s fabulous Instagram Birthday Party (Insta Party!). Adria’s daughter, Brynne, is a tween and in love with Instagram. She had the idea to have an Instgram themed birthday full of fun and clever activities and desserts. Using our new Insta-Party Printables, Adria spruced up many easy to find items into the instagram theme. So creative and how perfect for teens and tweens birthday parties!
A few of my favorite elements from this Instgram Birthday Party are:
– Personalized photo cupcakes made from store bought cupcakes and printed Instagram photos
– Budget friendly (Less than $20!) Instagram cake with printable cake toppers, ribbon and candy
– Insta-Graham Cracker S’mores kits favors (with printable toppers!)
– The Oversized DIY Instagram Camera Centerpiece using a white shelf and printable camera face.
– Pink Chevron Fabric covered backdrop with the tissue tassle garland and 11 likes heart poster framed in a wooden frame for her 11th birthday!
Party Details, as told by Adria….
My daughter Brynne wanted a themed 11th bday party this year, which was to include a few props, treats and overnight for her friends. When I asked her what theme she wanted, she said wanted to be able to use mustaches, but the theme was “so last year”. I said – what do you spend most of your time doing… and we both agreed it was using the infamous Instagram App. So I said – let’s do an Instagram Birthday Party – an Insta-party!
We sent out these insta-party invitations and the girls all raved about how cool they were. It is personalized with her name, age, and even hashtags!
I had two days to design, prop shop and style the party. I wanted to keep everything budget friendly, but still be impressive! Brynne didn’t like the Instagram color scheme, so we revamped it to be more girlish in feel. We decided on pink, lime green and aqua blue.
We used a lot of fun props at the party: a huge Insta-camera design using a white shelf for the 3D oversized camera; costume photo props (over sized colored glasses, 3D eyeball & nose glasses, mustaches, fake teeth, feather boas & more); candy treats for favor bags including “Insta-gum”; a cute budget friendly cake (which we enhanced with ribbon, gumballs & printable Instagram Icons) and store-bought cupcakes (which we enhanced with printable cupcake wraps and printable Instagram photos of each guest)
Brynne came up with an interactive Insta-game for her friends to play. She created two teams, and each team had to take a picture of each category: best costume, best handstand and best blind makeover. Once she gathered the pictures, she posted the pictures on Instagram and all the girls got Instagram friends to vote for their favorite team pics! Whichever team had the most votes by the end of the night, won. The winner created a new Instagram user name for Brynne, which she had to keep for one week (no matter how goofy and embarrassing the name was)!
The girls also did a photo session with all the fun costume props we displayed! They took pictures all night, and posted on Instagram!
I tried to think of ideas that gave the biggest bang for your buck on the dessert table. Lots of online store-bought items made cuter and recipes that are simple and eye catching! This dessert table could be recreated for under $100!
– Backdrop: I created a backdrop with chevron fabric, tissue paper fringe tassle garland and a framed “11 likes” heart poster. You can see how to make the fringe tassle garland on a past Ruff Draft post on Anders Ruff.
– Insta-Graham Cracker S’mores Kits: Brynne and I made Insta-graham Cracker S’mores kits. We created the camera face on each graham cracker out of fondant (I showed Brynne one example and she made the rest of them), we added marshmallows and a chocolate bar in the cellophane bag, and topped it off with a printable bag topper from the Anders Ruff Insta-Party Printable Collection.
– Insta-Cake: The cake was a store bought white cake – we used 2” wide chevron ribbon to tie around it. Then we added pink gumballs along the bottom edge. To top it off, we put printable Instagram Icons such as: 11 likes, a heart, an Instagram camera, and a tissue fringe tassle.
– Insta-Cupcakes: The cupcakes were also store bought – we used a printable cupcake wrap and printable Instagram photos of each guest for the cupcake topper. (Brynne took a screenshot of each of her friends from Instagram, sent to me via email, and I cropped into a cute printable topper).
– Insta-Cookies: Maureen created Insta-cookies for us using melting chocolates, Chessmen Cookies and mini Oreos! The simple DIY tutuorial can be found here.
– Insta-Gum: I created Insta-gum in the stripe colors from the camera – hot pink, light pink, green and blue and displayed them just like the camera stripe. I designed printable Insta-gum wraps for the final touch. Find the gum packs in the cute colors and sizes here, here and here.
I topped off the table with the 3D oversized Instagram Camera and printable banner from our Insta-Party Printable Collection in our shop.
PHOTO PROP TABLE
I set out props in clear acrylic containers for each part of your face which included printable party prop labels:
For the guests to take home, I designed printable Iron-on personalized Cameras to place on each tote bag. We used OnlineLabels.com opaque transfer paper to iron onto the Cotton Drawstring bags from Nashville Wraps. The kids each received candies (lollipops, pop-rocks, & pixie-sticks), Insta-gum, an Ipod rubber speaker, an EOS lip gloss and Insta-graham Cracker S’mores Kit. We repackaged lots of Dollar Store goodies with the Insta-Party Printables to make them adorable!
– Complete Event Styling & Concept: Anders Ruff
– Insta-Party Invitation & Printables: Anders Ruff
– Cotton Drawstring Bags : Nashville Wraps
– Cake: DIY for under $15 with Anders Ruff Printable Topper
– Cotton Baker’s Twine: The Twinery
– Opaque Iron On Transfers & Label Material: OnlineLabels.com
PRODUCT SOURCES to help you create your own Insta-Party:
– Pink Round Lollipops (with printable flag)
– White Shelf (to make the 3-D Instagram camera prop)
– Pink Chevron Fabric (as shown on backdrop)
– Photo Booth Sunglasses
– Crazy Eyeball Glasses
– Furry eyebrow Glasses Set (12)
– Cute Colored Gum Packs here, here that match (to wrap with the Printable Gum Wrapper) for favors
– Tissue Paper for Tissue Tassel Garland
– Mustaches (for the favor bag)
– Pig Nose photo booth prop
– Pixie Sticks
– Clear Acrylic Containers (as shown with photobooth props inside)
– Aqua Wrapping Paper (to line the tops of tables as shown)