We are so excited to announce a party contest we are participating in with Balloon Time, Party on a Dime Charity Challenge featuring Brynne’s Monogram Slumber Birthday Party. We were challenged along with several other party planners, to create a party on a $100 budget.
We were allowed to have a few contributors (thank you Great Stitch for coordinating Pajamas, Monogram cookies from Nicole Lee Confections, Tissue paper from Nashville Wraps , label papers from Online Labels and our amazing photographer, Valerie Lawrence), as well as a helium tank provided by Balloon Time.
However we needed to design the main party items within a $100 budget (creating ways to use existing props, recycle/use household items or make inexpensive DIY’s). The winner of this challenge will receive $5,000 towards the charity of their choice – our Charity is Bright Pink.
Go to Balloon Time’s Facebook Page to vote – PLEASE HELP US WIN!!!!
Click HERE to VOTE!!!
When we were asked to participate in this challenge, it happened to be right in time for Brynne’s 12th birthday. We created a tween teen slumber party birthday party with pastel colors and gold glitter accents, themed with monogram letters and modern chevron, polka dot & stripe patterns. See the invitations and matching printables here in our shop.
Keep an eye out for these inexpensive yet fabulous party details:
– Festive Balloon Decor (from fringe tassel embellishments to mini balloon bouquets)
– Simple and inexpensive desserts including DIY cake toppers
– Recycled bottles & jars, painted and turned into adorable party decor
– DIY party favors including: gold glitter dotted favor bag, monogrammed flip flops and monogrammed eye mask
– Creative uses with inexpensive coordinating wrapping papers
We used water balloons and paper straws to create balloon bouquets and put them in recycled (painted) bottles. Add pops of glitter paper on wooden skewers for easy bling! (This is way more fun than flower bouquets, less expensive and lasts longer!)
We put gold glitter tape (polka dots) on inexpensive plastic utensils using a hole punch to create the dots. We also added party logos to plain inexpensive cups for added detail. Mixing and matching different colors in paper plates, cups, straws & napkins makes everything look so cute without spending a lot of money!
We used recycled (painted) mason jars to hold party supplies such as straws, utensils & napkins. Add a printable party logo and it creates a customized look!
We showcased several inexpensive party favors such as a monogrammed hairbrush ($2.99), flip flops ($1.00), eye mask (I made them with supplies I had in the house, so it cost $0.00) and canvas tote ($1-2) and embellished them with printable monogram stickers, ribbons & gold glitter tape. Stop back later in the next two weeks to learn how to make the monogram flip flops and eye masks!
Tissue paper tassels were added to the balloons for a more sophisticated display.For the backdrop, we wrapped a large board with wrapping paper, and added (painted) wooden monogram letters in various sizes
Key factors which helped us maintain this party for under $100:
– We sourced every dollar section, dollar store and clearance section for all store bought items!
– DIY favors with inexpensive goods (canvas favor bags, flip flops, eye masks & hair brush) make for an adorable personalized take-home.
– Customization was added to everything with printable monogram stickers – from cups & plates to goodie bags and party favors
– We got creative with inexpensive wrapping papers (to decorate shelves, backdrop, and dish ware)
– We embellished our balloons with tissue tassels, paper straws, and gold glitter papers to create professional displays
– Recycling pop bottles and mason jars were so easy to do… then spray painted them, and added ribbon & printable monogram details
The girls had such a great time at Brynne’s Monogram Slumber Birthday Party, and had even more taking pics… here are a few more photos from our fabulous photographer, Valerie Lawrence.
Help us WIN this Party on a Dime Charity Challenge by voting HERE!
Click HERE to VOTE!!!
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
– Event Styling & Party Planning: Anders Ruff
– Professional Photography: Valerie Lawrence, firstname.lastname@example.org
– Invitation & Printables: Anders Ruff
– Monogram Cookies: Nicole Lee Confections
– Monogrammed Pajamas: Great Stitch
– Tissue Paper: Nashville Wraps
– Gold Glitter Swizzle Sticks: Desserts & Designs
– Label Paper: Online Labels